Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mr. Fix It!

Mr. Fix It was on the job today as I spent the day doing miscellaneous maintenance jobs. To start the day, I removed some of the building materials from the 1 bedroom apartment that I'm rehabbing. This is the initial rehab for this unit, as I have been using it for storage.

My next project was to coat a metal roof that had a small leak. This was the Section 8 duplex that failed inspection a couple of weeks ago when the tenant suprised me by saying that the roof had a leak. Of course, you never really know if the roof is fixed until it rains - that's scheduled for tomorrow.

After that, I went to replace a window pane at another Section 8 apartment. This was the other Section 8 apartment that recently failed an inspection. At the inspection, we discovered that the tenant's kid had decided to break the window shortly before the inspection.

In addition to these projects, I did some more organizing in my new store room and also showed my only remaining vacant rental to a young couple.

That was it for today. By the time I got home, it looked like rain (both outside and on the radar), so I decided to cancel the bike ride for the day. Nevertheless, I have now lost 5 pounds and have 20 to go.

I'm hoping to work on the Pink Elephant tomorrow.

No comments: