Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, May 18, 2007

Back to Work for Number 10!

I am almost in shock! I headed back to work today and rented another unit. I have now rented 10 units this month - TEN! I simply can not believe it! This is exactly double my old record of five new tenants in a single month. Of course, many of these tenants went into the vacant rentals that we just bought. However, what shocks me is the demand for rentals. I've only been in business for a little over 3 1/2 years, but this is by FAR the best rental market that I've seen!

I guess it's about time. According to the old-timers, last summer was the worst rental market they had seen in 20 years. Whatever the situation, I'm truly grateful for all the new renters.

Today, I installed new miniblinds in the second of our new houses. I like to get the miniblinds up as soon as possible so that vandals can't see in. I also swept the floors on the first floor of this house.

After that, I ran back home to meet a guy that wanted to buy my old motorcycle. I purchased this Honda last year for $700, so that I could learn to ride. After successfully learning to ride, I bought a beautiful V-star Classic and therefore needed to sell my Honda. I spent about $200 on the Honda in the year I had it: new seat cover, new brakes, and new saddle bags. Today, I sold it for $1,300. Kinda reminds me of buying houses at a discount!!!

After selling the motorcycle, I went back to work. I installed carpet in the apartment that the couple rented yesterday. This was in one of my new apartment buildings and fortunately only needed carpet and a couple of other little touch-ups.

That was it for today. Tomorrow I'm planning to do some more work on the house where I hung mini-blinds today. That's my last 3-bedroom house and there is a lot of demand. I am anxious to get it done!

No comments: