Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Small Apartment, Big Mess

I'm officially back to work in my rental business. Today, I started working on my last available one-bedroom apartment. This is in one of the apartment buildings we purchased at the beginning of the month. Although it is a small apartment, it was a big mess. The previous owner had removed part of the kitchen ceiling to work on the plumbing in the upstairs bathroom. I checked the plumbing for leaks and then replaced the drywall, although I ran out of drywall tape, so I'll have to finish that tomorrow. Then, I patched all the nail holes that were in the walls. This is one of the worst apartments that I've ever seen for nail holes. I'll bet I patched 250 holes! After the holes were done, I vacuumed the carpet. It's a good thing that I vacuumed the carpet, because it looked like an extended family of cats had lived in the apartment. The previous owner clearly didn't even own a vacuum cleaner, as evidenced by the 5 or 6 containers of hair that came out of my bagless vacuum!

Tomorrow's mission will be to paint the apartment.

No comments: