Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, May 14, 2007

House Complete!

I worked hard today and got a lot done. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that a tenant with a scumbag contingency lawyer was trying to extort money from us. Today, I got the morning started by writing a response letter that my attorney will use as a guide to write a letter to the tenant's lawyer. Basically, the letter says that we will not give in to extortion (a threatened lawsuit) and will fight all the way. Most of these scumbag lawyers are looking for a weak landlord that will settle with them or give them their insurance information. I have absolutely no intention of doing either.

After writing the letter, I went to work on one of our new rental houses. Although it took nearly 8 hours, I installed two large rooms of carpet and painted the kitchen and stairs. In addition, I mowed the grass at this house and the other house that we just bought. When I returned home, I called the new tenant and told her that she could move in tomorrow.

I also heard again from the landlord that wants to sell me her duplex for $42,500. She wants to get the property under contract and I agreed to meet with her later this week to get that done. I am buying the property for $42,500 and it will have gross rents of about $925 per month.

No comments: