Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Painting Complete and a Liar Unmasked!

I made more progress today on my one bedroom apartment. I got the entire thing painted on the interior and it looks a LOT better. I also installed one miniblind; cleaned the bathroom (which was filthy); and made a punch list of items to finish tomorrow.

It was VERY hot here today and I brought my 3 foot "barn fan" along for some relief.

While I was working on the apartment, I received a call from someone who was in front of one of our few remaining rentals. She wanted me to show here the interior. Since I was busy, I asked her if she met our screening criteria. When I asked her if she had been evicted, she paused. I knew at that point that she had been evicted. After a short pause, she said that she had never been evicted. I told her that we would do a credit check and a criminal background check and asked her again if she had been evicted. She paused again and then mumbled something. I again asked her if she had been evicted. She finally said that she had been evicted from another apartment complex because her son had gotten into a fight. That was enough for me. She had been evicted and she had lied to me about it. I don't need a tenant like that!!!

2 comments:

Trisha#1 said...

Good catch!!!! I'll remember that "pause" trick.

Chomoski said...

Mike, I love your approach!