Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Nothing's Ever Easy!

I started today working on a plumbing problem. One of our new apartments which has not been occupied yet has just been rented and the water turned on for the first time. Unfortunately, there was a BIG water leak in the wall. After a little troubleshooting, I discovered that the leak was coming from the drain line for the sink.

I started out by knocking a small hole in the wall so that I could visualize the drain line. After I found the line and its connection into the main drain, it appeared that the line was in bad condition and was in a very difficult location to access. Therefore, I decided to "T" the sink drain line into the nearby bathtub drain line.

The bathtub is an antique claw foot tub and had a cast iron drain line. After using a Sawsall to cut the line, I attempted to insert the "T" using rubber boots. Unfortunately, I got a little too strong and broke the thin drain line at the tub. So, a job that looked like it would take only a couple hours ended up taking 6 hours. I ended up replacing the entire line from the tub to the sink and into the original line. Although it took longer than expected, at least it's done. I checked it thoroughly and NO LEAKS!!!

Tomorrow, I'm going to install a new electric water heater for this apartment and install one room of new carpet. Then, I'll be going to church in the evening, hopefully riding my motorcycle. I'm hoping things go smoother tomorrow!

No comments: